[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss refuses to start again after stopping/starting MySQL

DanielGallot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 10 13:33:21 EST 2007

Hi,

I have got a pb running AS 4.2.2 + portal 2.6.2 after stopping/starting MySQL 5.0.26.

Everything was running OK.
I have just stopped/started MySQL to change a variable value (max_allowed_packet). First I had stopped JBoss, and after MySQL being running again, I had started JBoss again. But then JBoss makes an error :
18:02:47,654 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryBinding,name=JmsXA' to JNDI name 'java:JmsXA'
  | 18:02:47,797 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=DefaultDS' to JNDI name 'java:DefaultDS'
  | 18:02:48,103 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
  | org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
  |
  | Last packet sent to the server was 0 ms ago.)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:179)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:577)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:262)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:500)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:341)

I have tried several times to start/stop everything, putting again the first MySQL variable value, verifying it is possible to connect to MySQL (command line, MySQL admin). But I did not get again JBoss connecting to MySQL.
I don't understand what has changed.
It is like if stopping/starting MySQL, something changed on MySQL server but I don't see what.

If somebody can give me some help, that would be very nice.
Thanks a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111727#4111727

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111727