[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Porting from 2.4.4 to 4.2.1

medievalelks do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 10 13:55:37 EST 2007

I've been tas,ked with porting a couple of servlets from JBoss 2.4.4 to 4.2.1.  They run on Windows 2000 servers with MS SQL Server 2K.   Problem is, I don't have much experience with J2EE and app servers, so I'm working by trial and error.

I configured the mssql-ds.xml file, deployed the Opta2000.jar (with inet drivers), and created a test servlet that connects in the same manner as the application:

Object obj = ctx.lookup("java:/mydb");
DataSource fDataSource = (DataSource) obj;
org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl fXADataSource =
    (org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl) obj;

But the last cast is throwing this:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource
	at Test400.doGet(Test400.java:25)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
(rest of stack trace omitted).

I've also tried it with a mssql-xa-ds.xml using the XADataSourceImpl above as the datasource class, but the WrapperDataSource is still returned.  Below is the relevant portion of the jboss.jcml deployment, which is used by the code above.   If someone could help me get this ported to 4.2.1 it would be greatly appreciated.

>From 2.4.4 Jboss.jcml:

     com.inet.tds.TdsDriver,com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

   org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl
   mydb
   jdbc:inetdae:myserver:1433?database=mydbname
   user
   pass
   false
   false