[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Hibernate + Groovy

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 07:28:09 EST 2007

Hey,
My question is more related to Hibernate&Groovy but since I mix it all with seam / seam provides examples with groovy I felt like it's ok to ask my question here :)

I have looked at the hotel booking example with groovy and it seems to work fine, but at the moment I'm trying to write an entity with groovy which EXTENDS another entity written in java(that annotated with @Inheritance) then I get an exception that Hibernate tries to persist column an unknow column type named groovy.lang.MetaClass,

indeed there is such a property, but I can't see any way to automatically ignore it,

I tried to add to the groovy entity the following:
{code}
@Transient
MetaClass metaClass
{code}

but no luck,

What I'm curious about, if this property available for any groovy object, then why hibernate does try to persist it without inheritance as well ?

Many thanks,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111914#4111914

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111914