[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 over HTTP and Reverse Proxy

Didi1976 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 08:23:10 EST 2007

All examples regarding Remoting only work for the simple scenario where a client directly connects to the Server. This configuration is already working (even over HTTP). I used the description in the wiki (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Accessing_EJB3s_over_HTTP_HTTPS).

Our destination scenario looks like:

Java Client --HTTP(S)--> Reverse Proxy (httpd/mod_proxy) --AJP/HTTP/HTTPS--> JBoss

My main problem is to reconfigure the @RemoteBinding/ServerInvokerServlet/Remoting to connect to my reverse proxy instead of directly trying to contact the AS. clientConnectAddress and clientConnectPort dont work as supposed.

In "good old days" of JBoss 4.0.x all this was configurable by setting a simple InvokerURL. Now, in JBoss 4.2.x, this feature is lost (or not obvious to me ... what I really hope). It was even possible to switch from http to https by changing that. Now you have to define two different RemoteBindings and access your EJB3 SLSB/SFSB using different JNDI-Names (again, do I miss anything here).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111931#4111931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111931