[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Programmatic Log4j Configuration

barthjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 12:44:31 EST 2007

Looks like nobody cares about this.  I'll respond with my results so far anyway.

I've setup a component as:

  | @Name("configLogger")
  | @Scope(value = ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | @Startup
  | public class ConfigLog4j {
  |
  | 	@Create
  | 	public void configureLogger() {
  | 		URL url = new URL("file:///log4j.xml");
  | 		PropertyConfigurator.configure(url);
  | 	}
  | }

I've setup the log4j.xml that is packaged with the war to be priority value="INFO".  I made the external log4j.xml set priority value="DEBUG".  I'm expecting that after the above code is run, all of the logs should switch to DEBUG, but nothing is changing.

Any help?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112030#4112030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112030