[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Staying sane (or how do I keep up with Seam releases)?

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 23:46:07 EST 2007

It's been a few months since I've updated, but over most  of the summer I was living on cvs head, updating every week or so.

I copied seam-gen's copy-lib task into my project, so I could do a cvs update, clean/build, and copy-lib with relatively little trouble.

Of course, like you mentioned, that doesn't solve everything.  But breaking changes like directory structure changes aren't too common.  And if you keep an eye on fisheye (http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBoss/jboss-seam/), you can usually see them coming.

So yeah, it's painful to live on cvs head.  Well, it was this summer anyway, as Seam 2 took shape.  I think it'd be easier now.
I don't think there's a completely painless way to do it, but if someone has found it, I'd like to know too.  :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112142#4112142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112142