[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems with contexts not being active

bmc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 12 03:55:20 EST 2007

I actually localize the problem. Error is show if I try to redirect from my servlet to seam page. If I do redirect to simple (not seam) JSP page - everything is ok.

  | request.getRequestDispatcher("/seam/index.xhtml").forward(request, httpServletResponse);

I don`t know how to attach a file in this forum, so I`ll describe my steps to create a example application.

I took a seam example Blog application (it comes as example application with JBoss Seam sources) add my test servlet (TestServlet.java)

  | package actions;
  |
  | import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
  | import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
  | import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
  | import javax.servlet.ServletException;
  | import java.io.IOException;
  | import org.jboss.seam.Component;
  |
  | public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet {
  |     protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse httpServletResponse) throws ServletException, IOException {
  |         TestAction testAction = (TestAction) Component.getInstance("testAction");
  |
  |         request.getRequestDispatcher("/seam/index.xhtml").forward(request, httpServletResponse);
  |     }
  | }

add TestAction.java

  | package actions;
  |
  | import org.jboss.seam.ScopeType;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Factory;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.In;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Scope;
  |
  | @Scope(ScopeType.EVENT)
  | @Name("testAction")
  | public class TestAction {
  |     public String sayHi() {