[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - External AJAX access to webremote?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 12 15:31:15 EST 2007

Hi, is there an easy way to access @WebRemote methods from Ajax on pages that are not part of the hosted web app?  In our case, we have many static web pages we host for other companies.  Some of them would like to get dynamic data (via Ajax) from our web app.  I'd love to use a Seam service and the Seam Ajax libraries, but the problem is visibility of the Seam remoting javascript resources, as a page not deployed with the app has no visibility of:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js"></script>
  | <script type="text/javascript" src="/seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?myWebRemoteService"></script>

even if I prefix "/seam..." with "http://localhost:8080/..."

Is there a way to get around this, or am I stuck making a basic Servlet on the web app, and using the XMLHttpRequest() object in javascript?

Thanks,

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112368#4112368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112368