[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: question about components and persistence

gsegura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 12 16:28:10 EST 2007

Thanks for you answer, although I don't see a hit to database at the beginning of every conversation much extra load I would like to know more about why keeping just the Id is better.
At first it would seem to the neophyte like me a more natural way to keep the object itself and perhaps merge it at the beginning of each conversation.
(issue aside I wonder if there is a way to differentiate between a managed entity and one that is not, to avoid the exception thrown when trying to merge an already managed entity)

Rephrasing, when is more appropriate to merge and entity instead of reloading it?
I apologize if this question is not entirely related to seam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112379#4112379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112379