[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Success! Re: Seam 2.0.0GA + Maven2 doesn`t work...

jsolderitsch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 09:18:22 EST 2007

The last post mentioned the inclusion of drools.

Turns out that was part of the answer -- I went to the Seam root.pom and lifted the drools clauses from there (minus the version info) and that got me past the identity problem.

Then, since the seam-gen project depends on RichFaces, I had to include dependencies for this -- again I went to the root Seam pom and copied and pasted, minus the version.

Then it turned out that I had some dependencies that I added to allow maven to compile my code or that were derived from other included dependencies that I had to exclude from the deployable war file. Otherwise I was seeing JBoss exceptions in the console.

Adding explicit dependencies in my pom.xml for these WITH <scope>provided</scope> elements did the trick there.

And lo and behold, the web app actually worked!

Two remaining glitches.

My app uses a MySQL datasource. This *-ds.xml  file is included in the maven project in the resources folder. The war file that is produced then has this file in the classes folder within WEB-INF. JBoss does not seem to find it there -- I had to make a copy and put that in the server deploy folder manually. Can maven be taught to do that?

And I would love to have the war file actually deployed to my JBoss instance by maven itself. Is this possible? I may need to do some ant runner tricks I guess.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112574#4112574

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112574