[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - set property/preference for a portlet instance according to

je.a.le do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 10:29:33 EST 2007

Hi,

Using the preference system i can pass specific values to a portlet instance at runtime.
I'm going to need the same portlet, on different pages, and with dif preferences values. The only solution I found is to create an instance each time...

I would like to use the same instance :I see a property system, sound great except i can read them !

i go to "my site"->"my page"->properties for the prortlet, create a new one (beside "Region order"), let call it "ValA"

with :
u = request.getPropertyNames();
	while (u.hasMoreElements()) {
	    String a = (String) u.nextElement();
	    writer.println("prop : " + a + "");
	}

I'm getting :

prop : x-forwarded-for
prop : x-forwarded-host
prop : accept-encoding
prop : connection
prop : accept-charset
prop : pragma
prop : cookie
prop : x-forwarded-server
prop : cache-control
prop : host
prop : accept-language
prop : user-agent
prop : accept
prop : max-forwards

Not what i'm expecting !!

So is it possible to use the property system to interact with a portlet or is it just for jbossportal ???

Thks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112601#4112601

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112601