[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBoss Hanging on start up during Web Service ServletContext

hopkinst do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 17:28:31 EST 2007

On my JBoss 4.2.2 Server I have two web services.

If I first start my JBoss server without either web service then deploy web service A.  Then deploy web service B.  The following runs (as intended).

Web Service B has a ContextInitialized piece that runs when it is deployed.  Inside of Web Service B (which has already ingested via wsimport Web Service A prior to packaging as a WAR and deployment on the same server)  an instance of web service A is created via service and port.  Then a function in web service A is called, passed an object, and properly returns data (in this case a boolean).

Everything there runs as it is supposed to.  The issue is that if I shut the server down and bring it back online with both of the Web Services (A and B) on the server the server will hang when it tries to create the instance of Web Service A inside the Servlet ContextInitialized section.

During start up web service A deploys properly and I can see its endpoints created.  Then web service B deploys and after one println that tells me it is starting it tries to create the service and port for web service A and the server just hangs.

Does anyone have any idea what I've forgotten to do, or what the reason is that this will fail when the server is started and the web services are already deployed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112745#4112745

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112745