[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Single transaction multiple updates to cache node

vantzer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 21:44:01 EST 2007

Hi. I am testing a simple system which listen to updates to the cache.

The updates are trigger upon transaction-commit.

The code structure is something like below.

start() {

	cache.addTreeCacheListener();

	Transaction.begin();

	editCache();

	Transaction.commit();

}

editCache() {

	//Create an empty map and put in the treecache
	cache.put(fqn, new Map());

	Node node = cache.get(fqn);
	Map map = node.getData();

	map.put(a, A);
	map.put(b, B);
	map.put(c, C);

}

The TreeCacheListener will report NodeModify 3 times, when the transaction is committed.

Is there anyway in which I can monitor changes in the cache where it will only notify one time when a node is edited multiple times in a single transaction. I think currently for every changes made to the node, it will be reported upon replication. i.e. If I update the same node 20 times, upon transaction commit and replication, the listener will receive nodeModify event 20 times.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112776#4112776

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112776