[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ReRender does not update the Form drop down values

saeediqbal1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 05:35:20 EST 2007

I have the following reRender tag on the button

<a4j:commandButton action="#{speedDial.InsertNewRecord}" value="Save" reRender="dataEntry" />

In the stateful bean it actually modifies the value of the list but this form element inside

<a4j:outputPanel  id="dataEntry" >

does not update the values to the new one. Here is the drop down code.

<h:selectOneMenu id="selectedSDCode" value="#{speedDial.selectedSDCode}" >
  | <s:selectItems var="sd" value="#{speedDial.speedDialCodes}" />
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

Although if i refresh the page, the drop down gets updated with correct values. The list is called speedDialCodes.

I would rather prefer to use Ajax and not have the page refresh. Is there any solution to my issue please?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112860#4112860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112860