[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ReRender does not update the Form drop down values

saeediqbal1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 11:53:54 EST 2007

Here is the thing, the data in my code comes from my database so i dont think i can have the code out to test. But i can explain as best as possible.

For the list that my action method populates or updates it is defined as follows: -

	@Out(required=false)
  | 	private List <String> speedDialCodes;

When i print it in the console it prints out good, but the "reRender" does not render that h:selectOneMenu . I noticed others had problems in this too online.

The solution that i have now is a javascript reloading of the same page but that is no ajax anymore :( I would rather not have the page refresh and let reRender do the updating of my dropdown list but it doesn't.

I even tried this but that didn't help much
<a4j:ajaxListener type="org.ajax4jsf.ajax.ForceRender"></a4j:ajaxListener>

If you want you could easily reproduce this code by having a simple list like this in the action method or the constructor and doing .remove() or .add() to it in the action method to see if it gets updated in the view

speedDialCodes  = new ArrayList<String>();

  | 		selectedSDCode = "1";
  | 		speedDialCodes.add("1");
  | 		speedDialCodes.add("2");
  | 		speedDialCodes.add("3");