[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - 8 steps for setting up multiple instances jboss 4.2.1

plmc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 16:40:21 EST 2007

This isn't a question but I spent more time then was probably necessary figuring this out, I thought the information should be available to others.

8 steps for setting up multiple instances on jboss 4.2.1

1) cd <install_dir>/server/default
2) copy default to mynode1
   Linux: find . -print | cpio -pdumv ../mynode01

3) cd <install_dir>/server
4) cp <iinstall_dir>/docs/examples/binding-manager/sample-bindings.xml <install_dir>/server/port-bindings.xml
5) cd mynode1
6) edit jboss-service.xml
    - Search for Service Binding
   - uncomment the mbean element directly below Service Binding and above Class Loading
  - change location of StoreURL to
   file:../server/port-bindings.xml
  -save changes and quit
7) cd <install_dir>/bin