[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Structure of Seam project for multi client distribution

gothmog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 15 00:47:49 EST 2007

Hi,

We are developing a base product using seam for about two months so we have a pretty good demo, but we have just got out first customer and we want to be able to structure the project so we can provide customization for the new client as well as maintaining the base product in separate projects

Initially the customisation needs to be only in the war file but ultimetly want to provide the ejb file for the new client customisation code and base everything from the main product ejb file.

So all we still want to have access to all the controllers and entity classes in the base product with the ability to override controller logic (by using inheritence) so customisation can be done. We want to get all the entities from the base product as well as being able to add new ones.

I have tried this by creating a new ear project structure for the new client and adding the compiled base ejb jar as another module reference in the application.xml file. The problem is that all the entities in the base ejb jar file are not being processed as such (i.e. via thier annotations) and the new project structure can't see them.

Any ideas about how to do this?

Thanks

Troy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113121#4113121