[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JBoss Datasource pooling - only option?

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 15 12:04:35 EST 2007

"ppantazis" wrote : Is Datasource pooling considered a standard/default option in JBoss? I am using JBoss 4.0.5 and I am concerned how to keep track of end users threads into the database. If I need to kill a particular users connection will that mean taking down everybody in the pool? is there a way to do individual connections rather than pooling?

  | Thanks kindly (PS Backend datasource is DB2).
I am not sure what exactly you are asking .
If you are getting the connection from the Datasource then you are getting the pooled connection which are provided by JCA framework.
You can configure the min-pool-size/max-pool-size to 1 in the -ds.xml file  , this will keep a single connection in a pool , so logical there is no pool of connection .
Before doing this please make sure that you understand how Datasource/JCA stuff works and why is it needed .
For knowing more details about it look here
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossJCA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113174#4113174

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113174