[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Two browser tabs : basic question

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 04:47:46 EST 2007

My dataTable is built on DataModel and DataModelSelection.

One colunm contains "delete record" link that takes injected DataModelSelection item and removes it from both List and database. After that view is being rerendered.
Component is session-scoped.

Let's say table contains records A,B,C,D .
I open table in two browser tabs (tab1, tab2). Both displays A,B,C,D .
I delete record C in tab1. Not it shows A,B,D .
tab2 still shows A,B,C,D. I click "delete row" on C in tab2. After that it shows A,B.
Looks like DataModelSelection only sends row number but not primary key, etc. Row number is 3 in both actions, but after first delete from tab1 3rd row is already D, not C.

What I want in multi-tab interface : intercepting the attempt to delete row that does not exist , and saying "Record C is already deleted" .
I beleive this is basic and well-discussed question. Please let me know the best practices.

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113318#4113318

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113318