[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Why is it that

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 14:16:34 EST 2007

If I specify the following:

  | @In(create=true, scope=XXXX-any scope here)
  | private MyEntityClass bean;

I get a Seam exception that the "create=true" is not valid with the explicit scope. I don't understand the reasoning behind it. I am thinking it is common for the following scenario in a wep app:
1. The Action component is in the Conversation scope.
2. The Action component contains an component attribute, this attribute is needed for page scope only.
3. This component attribute need to be injected, its properties is updated via form post.

Therefore, it's desirable having this component attribute auto created in the Page scope when the Action component is called. But the above mentioned problem prevent me from doing this.

Any explanation? TIA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113522#4113522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113522