[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - fail to persiste taskinstance variables from xhtml page

apdo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 15:18:57 EST 2007

I initially post this to the jbpm forum but I think it is more related to the jboss seam forum. In the thread of the jbpm forum I have written to consider that entries closed since I planned to create this entry in the seam forum.

I have modified the todo example to add an xhtml form for the todo task.
The todoform.xhtml follows.

When I submit the form with "Done command" button, the description of the taskinstance is persisted in the database but not the variable1. The variable1 is created in the jbpm_variableinstance table but there is no value set (null).

So what I have done is to use the @In in the todolist component and then on the todolist.done method I save the variable using

TaskInstance.instance().setVariable("variable1", comments);

However, I don't think it is the way to do thing with jsf-seam-jbpm integration. That is why even if I have found a workaround I am asking the question.

Do you have an answer for that?

Thanks

Phong

Here is my xhtml file that is that save de taskintance.description but not the taskInstance.variables['variable1'].

      xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
      xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"
      xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
      xmlns:rich="http://richfaces.org/rich">

Todo List

<f:view>
   <h:form id="list">
       <h:messages/>

       id: <h:outputText value="#{taskInstance.id}"></h:outputText>

       name: <h:outputText value="#{taskInstance.name}"></h:outputText>

       summary:<h:inputText value="#{taskInstance.variables['variable1']}" style="width: 400"/>

	<h:commandButton value="Update Items" action="update"/>
        <h:commandButton value="Done command" action="#{todoList.done}"/>
	</h:form>
</f:view>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113535#4113535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113535