[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Couple of basic questions to help understand Seam

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 15:35:18 EST 2007

I just started using Seam. With the great potential it offers, I do run into some problems, partly due to my specific configuration, and partly due to that I missing some basic understanding of its concept.

Here are some questions I have and any help is appreciated:

1. How to use, and what is the purpose of defining a scope in the component class?
When using a component as an attribute of the Action component in webapp, the attribute component will either be given an explicit scope, or it will be the same as the scope of the Action component. These overwrites the scope defined for the component, doesn't it? If so, what do I need to consider when defining the default scope of the component?

2. Action specified in pages.xml for the page is not invoked?
In pages.xml I specified:

  | <page view-id="/firstpage.xhtml" action="actionComponent.begin">
  |         <description>Create new Itemdescription>
  | [/page]

I assumes that the actionComponent.begin() method will be invoked before the page is rendered. However, it's not the case. It was never invoked. What did I do wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113540#4113540

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113540