[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - need help with url rewriting

skanky78 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 17:22:31 EST 2007

hi,

i'm using the urlrewritefilter to pretty up my product links for a better google indexing (removing product parameter).

example:

.../product/snowboarda

is transferred via url rewriting rule to

.../product.seam?product=snowboarda

rewriting rule

  | <rule>
  |      <from>^/product/([a-zA-Z]+)$</from>
  |     <to>/product.seam?product=$1</to>
  | </rule>

but my problem ist that i've no idee at the momant how to rewrite outbound links in my facelets. i read the paragraph about outbound-rule in the in the manuel (http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/manual/3.0/). now i'm wondering how i can use this together with s:link? what about form submits or redirects (action outcome null)? please help to sort things out :)

possible rewriting outbound rule (?)

  | <outbound-rule>
  |   <from>^/product.seam?product=([a-zA-Z]+)$</from>
  |   <to>/product/$1</to>
  | </outbound-rule>

any hints/ideas?

cheers,