[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - how to send events between natural conversations

henrik.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 19:50:32 EST 2007

Hi,
If I have understood things correctly, it is only possible to send events from a conversation / scope to the hierarchy of conversations that led to the conversation that sends an event. (Is this correct?)

In my case I want to send an event from a conversation with a natural conversation id - (a conversation identified by a particular object), and I want to send the event so another natural conversation can pick this up with an @Observer (preferably).

Since the two conversations are neither nested or joined - I wonder if I can do this.

When I try, nothing happens, the @observer is never called.

Is it possible to find a conversation (since I know the conversation id) and find a particular bean (by its name) and call a method on that bean?

Any other ideas on how to get this done? (Or have I misunderstood how it is supposed to work?)

Regards
- henrik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113607#4113607

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113607