[jboss-user] [J2EE Design Patterns] - Re: Spawning threads in server process

jimbrady do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 11:48:55 EST 2007

I have a similar request, and this thread seems to have died. I have started threads from a servlet and it works well (using a global maps and the rule one per user, one per task). My problem is how to manage the security aspect, and Scotts answer really answer that (nice to see there is a pool of threads - but how do you use it)? I have noticed that if the request is terminated the thread keeps running but the security environment has vanished. Ideally, I would like to spawn a servlet as a new independent background request within the same session. Is there a way to do this. Essentially TOMCAT is setting up the environment when a thread is started (Thread pool?) and this environment will change when TOMCAT moves on to something else. If I am just using unsecured reads I don't have a problem, but I am not keen of having database updates labelled "nobody".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113864#4113864

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113864