[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Connecting to Oracle (Driver Class is empty)

karypid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 19 09:50:19 EST 2007

Has anyone got JBoss Tools to work with Oracle?

I'm trying to create a Seam project that connects to Oracle 10g. In the "Seam Facet" page of the project creation wizard, I choose "Oracle 10g" as the database type as well as a working connection profile. The wizard complains that:

"Driver Class proberty is empty for selected 'GVPN generic' connection profile"

I have created a database driver definition using both Oracle's DTP plug-in, as well as the Generic JDBC driver options. Both work and can be used in the database development perspective, but can't be used for Seam web projects by JBoss Tools.

P.S. The message is actually spelled incorrectly (proBerty instead of property).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114231#4114231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114231