[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: getAsObject not being called - why?

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 19 18:56:23 EST 2007

Thanks you for the reply Pete - How would I debug this? The scenario is that on render of my xhtml, it renders correctly - the basedonhottask is checked or not checked depending on whether basedonhottask is 0 or 1. On submit of the form after changing the checkbos for basedonhottask, it goes right back into getAsString - it does not call the backing bean getter or setter first, as I have set breakpoints on those as well as the converter functions. After exiting getAsString, I get

  | sourceId=caseDetailForm:hotTask[severity=(ERROR 2), summary=(/caseDetail.xhtml @95,41 value="#{selectedCase.basedonhottask}": java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch), detail=(/caseDetail.xhtml @95,41 value="#{selectedCase.basedonhottask}": java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch)]

How can I determine the issue? How can I hook into the apply request values phase to determine why the getAsObject is not being called?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114471#4114471

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114471