[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Hot swap/deploy with 5.0

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 10:29:44 EST 2007

Hi Folks,
Im currently setting up my development environment and would like to be able to do a hot swap during development. I have read the articles here
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeploymentScanner
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExplodedDeployment

This tells you how to go about it but i have one small problem. In the above steps it tells you to update your URLDeploymentScanner in the jboss-service.xml but in 5.0Beta2 there is no more an entry for the URLDeploymentScanner.

i dont want to have to re-war/re-ear every time i make a change in development so i have tried to get hot swap to work for me.

So what i have is as follows, i have an exploded ear and war(inside ear) and I have set eclipse to output classes into the exploded directories, now when i make a change i run an ant script that touches the appropriate xml file whether it be application.xml or web.xml. The problem is that JBoss doesnt respond at all. How can or do i get hot swap to work with 5.0 version??

Cheers,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114680#4114680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114680