[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Dynamically rendering more than one select elements in a for

kindor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 12:20:08 EST 2007

I'm trying to dynamically build a form by looping over a set of fields that have a renderer attribute, which is used to tell what widget should be used to renderer them.

The problem I'm facing is when the widget is a select element. In this case, the nested f:selectItems load their data from a bean that, if I understand well the documentation, cannot be specified at runtime. Thus, I have hardcoded the bean that provides the data to the select boxes (dataProviderBean.selectItems in my simplified example below). But when the form is rendering, I haven't found any mean by which dataProviderBean can know which select element is being populated.

What's the best approach for solving this problem ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114728#4114728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114728