[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: error message & trinidad

ebu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 14:03:15 EST 2007

it is indeed, otherwise there would be no InvalidStateException. The problem appeared to be quite obvious - this exception just was not catched. After reading validation part of seam ref i somehow decided that seam cares about catching validation exception itself. But as it became clear after studying dvd example it doesn't. Thus after adding an interceptor around my bean i got my messages in place:

  | 		   try {
  | 			   return ctx.proceed();
  |
  | 		   } catch (InvalidStateException e) {
  | 	            InvalidValue[] vals = e.getInvalidValues();
  | 	            for (InvalidValue val: vals) {
  | 	                FacesMessages.instance().add(val);
  | 	            }
  | 	            Transaction.instance().setRollbackOnly();
  |
  | 	            return null;
  | 	       }

the only problem i still have is that  trinidads inputText tag doesn't want to show messages forcing me to use h:inputTag with h:message instead...
Havn't somebody had some issues with using trinidad to display messages?

wbr, eugene.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115102#4115102

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115102