[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: CMS security not working

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 14:22:57 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | But there is another effect I don't understand : "myRole" got read access to "/MyTopDirectory/TheUsableDirectory" and not to other directories where it has not been granted write access.

btw, one more thing, if you are overriding the recursing permissions, which looks like you are, then

for myRole2 who needs write access to /MyUsableDirectort2 but only read access to /MyUsableDirectory, then for permissions on /MyUsableDirectory make sure you grant this role atleast *read access*

same goes for myRole getting read/write on MyUsableDirectory - specify write access for it there

and myRole getting read on MyUsableDirectory - specify read access for myRole on that, not write access

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115109#4115109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115109