[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: WorkManager thread pooling

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 24 14:01:04 EST 2007

"avzak" wrote : Hi,
  | We are developing a resource adapter which uses threads in order to process incoming network data. These threads are obtained from the WorkManager instance which uses a BasicThreadPool instance as its thread pooling mechanism.
  | When we tried to configure the thread pool we noticed that its minimum pool size is always the same as its maximum size.
How/Where did you configure the ThreadPool ?

"avzak" wrote :
  | Is this issue a known bug? if so, when it is expected to be fixed? is it possible to configure the WorkManager to use other implementation of thread pool?
  | Regards,
  | Eli Avzak

The JBossWorkManager is configured in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossjca-service.xml
  | <mbean code="org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool"
  |          name="jboss.jca:service=WorkManagerThreadPool">
  |      <!-- The name that appears in thread names -->
  |      <attribute name="Name">WorkManager</attribute>
  |      <!-- The maximum amount of work in the queue -->
  |      <attribute name="MaximumQueueSize">1024</attribute>
  |      <!-- The maximum number of active threads -->
  |      <attribute name="MaximumPoolSize">100</attribute>
  |      <!-- How long to keep threads alive after their last work (default one minute) -->
  |      <attribute name="KeepAliveTime">60000</attribute>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.work.JBossWorkManager"
  |          name="jboss.jca:service=WorkManager">
  |      <depends optional-attribute-name="ThreadPoolName">jboss.jca:service=WorkManagerThreadPool</depends>
  |      <depends optional-attribute-name="XATerminatorName">jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
You should be able to plugin custom threadpool implementation here .
But before doing so make sure that your observation regarding the BasicThreadPool is correct .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115379#4115379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115379