[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to control end of conversations/state of stateful beans

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 10:28:26 EST 2007

Hey,

I find myself using @Begin(join=true) almost anywhere I want to start a conversation,
The main reason is that I cannot be sure that I'm out of a conversation,
If a user clicked on some button that started a conversation, how can I control the end of the conversation?

I have somehow to force the user to press a button that ends the conversation as they never do that :-) (I can think of ways somehow make  to disable all other buttons) or wait for the timeout but this is not a solution,

What is the suggestion? or just use @Begin(join=true) anywhere?

Second question is regarding stateful beans,
If I understand correctly, stateful ejbs are bounded to CONVERSATION context by default, if that is correct,  I have the following scenario:

1)A stateful bean with a method annotated with @Begin
2)some forms inputs bounded to the statefulbean properties
3)a method in the same stateful bean annotated with @End

What could be the reason that the bounded data posted from the forms is not there within the method that is annotated with @End?

Many thanks,

Asaf.