[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: trouble with log4j configuration in app server.

badgerduke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 16:48:11 EST 2007

Let's try that again . . .

Hello:

I get the following errors when I start up jBoss (4.2.1.GA):

ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR A "org.jboss.logging.appender.FileAppend
er" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.

ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "FILE".

My jboss-log4j.xml file is as follows:
-----------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="false">

      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>

	<appender-ref ref="HVGN"/>

      <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
      <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>

-->

</log4j:configuration>

The log file for the HVGN appender is created but nothing is written to it when "duke" and descendant package class files issue log
statements.  In addition, despite the error with the FILE appender,
content is still written to server.log.  I don't see an error in my jboss-log4j.xml file.  I tried to substitue in
"jboss.logging.appender" for the class attributes in the appenders, but I get the same errors.

Anybody got any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115586#4115586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115586