[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No page context active

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 21:04:07 EST 2007

Problem solved.  I had a property annotated with @DataModel(scope=ScopeType.PAGE).  Once I remove that, it works.

This does beg some questions though.  I am trying to figure out the right context for a very common scenario:

1) User enters search criteria on a page and presses a button
2) Widget search results are presented on the same page below the form
3) User clicks on the widget link in the table and gets to see all the details about it
4) If user is authorized, user then may edit the information about the chosen widget OR user may go back to see the search results again to select another widget OR user may just read about the widget and hyperlink out to some other part of the site

I am working with JavaBeans, and the collection is annotated with @DataModel and the particular widget with @DataModelSelection.

My questions are these:

1) Is the default scope of EVENT sufficient for this?  I ask because I am a bit unclear on what EVENT actually means.  Even though I had PAGE before to cause that error I mentioned, CONVERSATION seems like it might be the best choice when I think about it.  But if this is so, how would the conversation end in the case where the user just reads the widget details (no editing) and just decides to click a hyperlink to venture off to some unrelated area?

2) What is the best way to simulate the above paths in a FacesRequest test?  Can I simply write a single method and call the run() method on the different requests one after another?

Thanks again for the insight.

And I can understand getting bored doing family stuff.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115628#4115628

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115628