[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam and OpenJPA

rgarret do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 28 17:55:28 EST 2007

Greetings,

My company is evaluating Seam 2.0 and I have a concern. There was a forum post back in September which suggested that OpenJPA does not work in Seam 2.0. As per Gavin's request the poster submitted a bug (JBSEAM-1946). My concern is that the bug remains unassigned with no comments. I have not personally tried to use OpenJPA with Seam 2.0  but  perhaps someone here can provide a quick answer that will save me some time.

The obvious answer would be to use Hibernate instead of OpenJPA, however we find OpenJPA's annotation-based implementation of JDO fetch groups (which Hibernate docs refer to as "mostly a marketing feature...") quite useful and are making good use of them in several applications.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115988#4115988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115988