[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Create plugin for a web application

loopix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 28 18:45:03 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a Web application but now, I'm stuck because I try to do things that I don't know if it's possible....

I have write the "base" of the application, that consist of a login page and a main page. The application wanted must work with plugin, like Eclipse (a plateform and severals plugin). So, I can say that I've got a plateform, and now, I must develop some plugin to add some function to the web application.

The problem is that a plugin will contains:
- html page
- jsp page
- servlet page
- class file
- other file

Recently, I've learn how to make plugin for Java project (normal application)... So, I must create some interfaces and search, into a specific directories, for plugin. But, for a web application, I don't know how to add html page and servlet (and set context for servlet) into a web module who is already deploied and running ...

My web application is packaged into a war file wich is also packaged into an ear archive. So, I want to make the base of the plateform into an EAR file and add somes .jar files to a specific directories.

So for now, I'm stuck because I don't know if it's possible to add page and context to an web based application. The perfect solution should use Java stuff and not JBoss stuff ...

Because I'm really stuck, it would be great if someones try to put me on the good way :)

Thanks to all

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115993#4115993

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115993