[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: jboss AS, jboss Web and php

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 29 23:33:46 EST 2007

I got my php setup from work and have it running at home. The difference is that I used an older version of the php-related code. With the old code, you had to use the old package name, org.apache.catalina.servlets.php, instead of the new package name: org.jboss.web.php.

I examined the php5servlet.dll files. In both cases (the working setup from work and the non-working setup at home), the file has the same date - 9/11/2006. Examining that file with a hex editor, I will give you two guesses as to which package name it is using for the SAPI file.  That's right, it is using the old name (org.apache.catalina.servlets.php).

The page http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/modules/php/index.html has a link to the source code for php5servlet.dll (it is frustrating to find that most of the links on that page are broken - I get a "Sorry, you don't have access to this resource" error). I downloaded the source and it uses the new package name.  Now I just have to get a compiler (never had one at home), or go back to work to compile the source.

I looked at the links on the download page http://labs.jboss.com/jbossweb/downloads/php/?action=a&windowstate=maximized. The windows download has version number 1.0.0.GA-SP1, while the others have 1.0.2. In addition, the url used for the windows download is very different from the other downloads. This leads me to believe that the windows download link was never updated to reference the latest build. It would be nice if someone on the JBoss team updated that link so that we can download the correct PHP module, with the latest php5servlet.dll.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116059#4116059

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116059