[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - GWT and SeamResourceServlet

thoman23 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 30 04:04:52 EST 2007

Is anyone successfully using GWT 1.4 and Seam 2.0?  I've noticed a few errors in the reference documentation regarding GWT integration and the remoting/gwt example doesn't work out of the box (the start page in the gwt-shell ant target is incorrect and the embedded tomcat server web.xml doesn't have any servlet mapping defined), so I'm wondering if I should spend any more time on this integration if the GWT integration is not really ready to be used.

My problem is in the RPC call from GWT to the SeamResourceServlet.  I get a 404 "no resource found" message no matter what I do.  I have also tried to go directly to http://localhost:8080//seam/resource/gwt directly in a browser, and I receive a 404 response.  If I go to http://localhost:8080//seam/resource/remoting I received a 200 response with an empty body which is what I would expect.  It seem like the GWT component is not even enabled in the SeamResourceServlet.  Is there something else I should enable or configure?  I have the seam resource servlet mapped in my web.xml to /seam/resource/* and I have tried using just about every URL variant in the client GWT RPC code (absolute URL above, "/seam/resource/gwt" and "GWT.getModuleBaseURL() + /seam/resource/gwt").

I'd really like to get this working, but don't want to spend much more time on it if GWT/Seam is just really not ready for prime-time.

Thanks for any help!

Anthony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116068#4116068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116068