[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - JBoss installing with test and production database connectio

bbleafs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 31 11:51:57 EST 2007

I have a JBoss application that I build into a Jar file and place in the server/default/deploy directory of my JBoss installation.  The applications deploys perfectly.  What I want to do is have two versions of my application deployed on the same JBoss server.  The code will be intentical except that one will connect to a test database and the other will connect to a production/live database.

How can I achieve this?  (I.E. how do a deploy a second instance of the same application and how can I get my client to call objects from a specific instance )?

Current my client just creates the context to the server and calls the EJBs by name:  PortableRemoteObject.narrow( homeRef, homeClass );  But I'd like some sort of way of telling it to get the test version or the production version.

Is there a relatively easy way to do this ( short of passing in a parameter to each EJB call telling it which database to connect to ).

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116191#4116191

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116191