[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - HTTP Status 401 Error on Admin Page (can't access page anymo

mwolfson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 13:11:51 EST 2007

So I was fooling around with the security on the Admin page, and I set the constraint for the Admin page to "personalizerecursive" (figuring this would be the lease restrictive).

As soon as I did this, I couldn't access the page anymore (when I was logged in correctly), and got the 401 Error from the server.

I have changed the property in the ..../conf/data/default-object.xml to "view recursive for all <security-constraints>.  This hasn't helped.

Obviously I have tried to reboot the server, and tried changing every XML file I could find (searched my entire directory for all attributes related to these security contraints.

So, I am completely screwed.  I can't access the Admin screen to fix what I messed up (since I get the 401), or do any other type of configuration (ie move portlets or stuff like that).

Where is this parameter stored?  Is there another way to access the Admin screen outside of the Portal?

The complete error from the server is:
--HTTP Status 401 -
--type Status report
--message
--description This request requires HTTP authentication ().

I don't see any exceptions thrown in my server log (just a bunch of debug from Hibernate from what I can tell.)

HELP!  I am really in trouble without being able to use the admin tool to interact with my Portal.  I am suprised I can't find another thread with someone else who has had this problem.  I looked extensively.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009594#4009594

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009594