[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Access to EntityManager in authenticator?

dustismo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 13:32:45 EST 2007

I am trying to add the new security features to my app, and am getting stuck trying to authenticate.

Here is my class (almost exactly the same as the docs)

  | @Name("authenticator")
  | public class Authenticator {
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	private EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  | 	@Logger Log log;
  |     public boolean authenticate(String username, String password, Set<String> roles)
  |     {
  |     	log.info("Authenticating user " + username);
  |     	log.info("em " + entityManager);
  |     	try
  |         {
  |            User user = (User) entityManager.createQuery(
  |               "from User where name = :username and password = :password")
  |               .setParameter("username", username)
  |               .setParameter("password", password)
  |               .getSingleResult();
  |            return true;
  |         }
  |         catch (NoResultException ex)
  |         {
  |            FacesMessages.instance().add("Invalid username/password");
  |            return false;
  |         }
  |         catch (Exception ex)
  |         {
  |         	log.error("Caught", ex);
  |         	FacesMessages.instance().add("Could not log in..  Please contact admin");
  |             return false;
  |         }
  |     }
  | }

It throws an exception saying:
org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires value for component: authenticator.entityManager

but if I change

@PersistenceContext
  | 	private EntityManager entityManager;

I get a null pointer exception..

Am I missing something, am I supposed to be outjecting the EntityManager somewhere?

thanks,
Dustin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009605#4009605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009605