[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - User Experiences with IceFaces & How important are component

seamNoobie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 14:04:33 EST 2007

I have been creating a app using Seam and IceFaces and through great support here and in the IceFaces forum I have managed to get through a lot of bugs.

The argument for Seam is compelling.

The argument for Seam is even more compelling once the work that Gavin/Micheal and the team are doing with Spring comes to fruition.

I can't help feeling that the IceFaces components make Seam even more compelling.

Tapestry has enjoyed a significant following due to the lovely suite of components and even Mirco$oft have just released a suite of Ajax components that really work well.

I was wondering how important other developers feel that the IceFaces components are to Seam?

I have to be honest and say that I am still having enough problems with the IceFaces components when interacting with Seam to mean that I could not consider releasing the work yet and I continue in the hope that the Seam/Icefaces synergy comes "right".

I would love your thoughts... was going IceFaces a mistake? is sorting out the IceFaces-Seam interface on the roadmap?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009622#4009622

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009622