[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.6 Alpha Release and IE 6 why it matters

swestbom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 14:40:21 EST 2007

Anyone working for a large company with IE-6 as a "standard" should be able to tell you that there are so many legacy applications tied to the older Windows OS that it will be years before they move to IE-7 never mind a new OS or Firefox.

We are trying to kill off Windows apps here but in the financial sector our vendors write everything in VB for ancient versions of Windows, very frustrating.

The point being, IE-6 like it or not is not an optional browser to support in your code.  If you don't test for it you will never make headway in the financial sector.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009642#4009642

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009642