[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - how to use

prakah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 23:43:56 EST 2007

Hello All,

I have a requirement such that the finder method in an CMP entity bean should return 10 Entities from the specified starting position from the specified topic. How write ejb-ql query to retrive the required information?

I have used the following statement as my ejb-ql query

<ejb-ql>select object(o) from post as o where o.topicId = ?1 order by o.topicId desc offset ?2 limit 10</ejb-ql>

But using that resulted in following error.

10:06:05,639 ERROR [postEntity#findByTopicId] Encountered "offset" at line 1, column 78.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     <EOF>
  |     "," ...
  |
  | org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "offset" at line 1, column 78.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     <EOF>
  |     "," ...
  |
  | 10:06:05,639 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=forum.jar
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling EJB-QL statement for EJB 'postEntity': select object(o) from post as o where o.topicId = ?1 order by o.topicId desc offset ?2 limit 10; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "offset" at line 1, column 78.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     <EOF>
  |     "," ...
  |     )
  | Caused by: org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "offset" at line 1, column 78.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     <EOF>
  |     "," ...

I'm using JBoss 4.0.5 and CMP 2.0