[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Packaging of portlet-instances.xml

legolas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 05:53:22 EST 2007

We would like to NOT define the specific instances including all its parameters in the portlet war file. This would mean that we need to repackage the war file each time an instance needs to be added.
We want to create a separate war file that contains the portal definition in a something-object.xml as can be done in JBP2.2, and define in the same war file each portlet instance.
Can this only be accomplished using coding?

PeterJ's response suggest that I could create a portlet-instance.xml in a war but still create instances deployed in different war files.
Is this correct? If so how do I reference a portlet in a different war?

Thanx in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009943#4009943

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009943