[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: restricting access using pages.xml

cavani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 07:52:51 EST 2007

I am trying use page restriction with #{identity.loggedIn} but I am getting this (from CVS version):

  | 10:36:00,554 ERROR [AbstractSeamPhaseListener] Swallowing exception thrown by page action
  | org.jboss.seam.security.NotLoggedInException
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.security.Identity.checkRestriction(Identity.java:160)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.pages.Page.enter(Page.java:186)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.Pages.enterPage(Pages.java:239)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.AbstractSeamPhaseListener.enterPage(AbstractSeamPhaseListener.java:241)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.AbstractSeamPhaseListener.beforeRender(AbstractSeamPhaseListener.java:192)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.beforePhase(SeamPhaseListener.java:53)

Because this in AbstractSeamPhaseListener.beforeRender:

  |       try
  |       {
  |          actionsWereCalled = Pages.instance().enterPage( event.getFacesContext() );
  |          return actionsWereCalled;
  |       }
  |       catch (RuntimeException re)
  |       {
  |          //we have to handle exceptions here because of
  |          //how JSF defines exception handling from
  |          //PhaseListener.beforePhase()
  |          log.error("Swallowing exception thrown by page action", re);
  |          return actionsWereCalled;
  |       }
  |       finally
  |       {
  |          Lifecycle.setPhaseId( PhaseId.RENDER_RESPONSE );
  |          if (actionsWereCalled)
  |          {
  |             FacesMessages.afterPhase();
  |             handleTransactionsAfterPageActions(event); //TODO: does it really belong in the finally?
  |          }
  |       }

Then, exceptions.xml seems to be ignored here....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009990#4009990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009990