[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Browsing application context path always redirect "home.seam

fernando_jmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 3 09:13:59 EST 2007

Hi everybody.

I have a very strange behaviour that I don't know if it is a bug or I'm misunderstanding something.

The scenario is:

1.- In the web.xml I've configured this:

  | <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
  |         <param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
  |     </context-param>
  | <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  | </servlet-mapping>
  |  <welcome-file-list>
  |         <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
  |     </welcome-file-list>

2.- My index.html file contents:

  | <head>
  | </head>

3.- Because I'm using facelets I have the login.xhtml with the respective login form.

Well, after I deploy the application (context path is "app") I tried this in the browser:
http://localhost:8080/app/
When I did this I get an HTTP 404 error saying me that the app/home.seam is not available.

But, what I suppose I should get is the login.jsf page instead the above error.
Then when I type this in the browser:
http://localhost:8080/app/index.html all works fine, the login.jsf is loaded successful.

-Someone knows why the home.seam is always called in this scenario ?
- is it hard coded?
- is there any way in order to configure it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010413#4010413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010413