[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversational(initiator=true) when immediate=true

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 3 19:48:06 EST 2007

Hello fourm,

seam 1.1.0.GA
jboss-4.0.5.GA
ajax4jsf-1.0.5
Facelets

I am trying to use the Conversational(initiator=true) mechanism:.

I have two methods in an "editor" bean, an SFSB that is in a nested conversation.
public String apply();
public String cancel();

I want to stop someone from "back buttoning" into an editor page
& re-invoking these methods a second time.

I found that the Conversational(initiator=true) works fine for the apply() method,
but is not enforced on the cancel() method.

This is because my "cancel" button has an "immediate=true" set on it....
I verified this by removing it. I guess the check is not applied or does not work in the "Apply Req Values" phase?

So, is there a any way I can emulate the "initiator=true" check in the
cancel() method?

Also, on a similar note,  I see from the docs that the usage of

Conversational(ifNoBegunOutcome="xxx", initiator=true) etc.

is deprecated in favour of
    "use no-conversation-view-id in pages.xml"

The no-conversation-view-id works for me in pages.xml, but I can't
figure out how to specify the "initiator=true" in pages.xml. I looked
in the Page.java & don't see any ref. to it there..... Was it over-looked?

Thanks, PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010587#4010587

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010587