[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Header injection into Portal 2.4.1

chuaky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 5 05:50:48 EST 2007

dear all,

I was trying to do header injection following the guidelines in portal reference guide section 6.1.3.  But what i got is a blank page.

My setup is :

- AS 4.0.5
- Portal 2.4.1
- Seam 1.1.5
- facelets

For this experiment, i modify the seam portal example, jboss-portlet.xml, as follows:

  | <portlet-app>
  |    <portlet>
  |       <portlet-name>SeamBookingPortlet</portlet-name>
  |       <header-content>
  |          <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/screen.css" title="" media="screen"/>
  |          <script type="text/javascript" src="/portlet-styles/HeaderContent.js"/>
  |       </header-content>
  |    </portlet>
  | </portlet-app>

The HeaderContent.js is a file with simple script, as follows:

  | // simple test java script
  | function injectJS()
  | {
  |    alert('hello from the injected java script!');
  | }

There is a solved issue in portal 2.4.1 (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1173) but i am not sure if it is related to this problem here.

Please help,
Thank you in advance.